Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A time to read


Our normal routine at night is wake up when Joshua is ready to feed, feed and change him. Then rock him back to sleep in our nursery. The back to sleep process usually takes between 30 min to an hour and a half depending on how he is feeling. When its my turn I usually like to use this time to read. Since you do this several times a night the reading time can really add up. I just finished “Primary Colors” which is a great book written about the life of a fictional politician. It was published as written by anonymous, but later found out to be the former editor of Business Week. It really has nothing to do with political opinions, as every instance of “Democrat” could be replaced with “Republican” and the story would be exactly the same. Rather it shows you how the people behind the candidates live their lives and play the game. The reader is taken through the gruling year of a presidential campain and shown the ups and downs and how people have to dedicate their lives to deal with both. Its pretty interesting and a good read. Now I’m really excited because I just picked up Nick Hornby’s new book “A Long Way Down”. He is one of my favorite authors and I can’t wait to dive into this one. If you have never read any of his books, I recommend starting out with either “High Fidelity ” or “About a Boy”.


No comments: