Monday, October 16, 2006

One week less green.








10-13-06_1713.jpg



Originally uploaded by jduty.



So last week marked my first complete week at PTC. I have always found switching jobs a little stressful because there is always a period of adjustment where you sort of feel like a fish-out-of-water. That being said I’ve really enjoyed this first week at PTC. The people here are very nice and processional and they all really know the correct way to build enterprise-level software. A lot of emphasis seems to be placed on product quality and making sure all things have been wrapped up and tested before the customer even sees stuff.


Oh, and the perks are amazing. The first really nice perk is that I get my own office with a door, which is a HUGE change from always living in cube land. Next is the hardware, dual flat-panel display with a dual xeon, dual core and each core hyper-threaded (if you have done the math that’s 8 concurrent execution paths). Makes starting at a computer for 8+ hours a day much more enjoyable.


As far as projects I’m still in the learning phase. I was able to work on a few issues and start a project that will act as a proof-of-concept for future things.




No comments: