Thursday, July 19, 2007

Skype me!



Traditionally I've done most of my online chatting on the AOL AIM network. I literally have the same screen name I've had since high school. Working at Zattoo where we are very geographically separated I've gotten use to Skype. Skype (recently bought by eBay) is a p2p client that offers chatting, phone, and video conferencing. I have to admit, if more of my friends would switch so would I.

The phone service works great and we use it regurally for conference calls across the world. The video conferencing is actually better and more reliable than iChat (although will still use all the goodies your mac provides) and the chatting software is very up to par. And since its p2p it makes good use of any bandwidth it can find.

So try Skype, and if you do IM me or give me a ring. My screen name is jonathanduty (home) and jonathan_zattoo (work).

http://www.skype.com

[Update] Corrected above but my Dad just pointed out that eBay actually bought Skype, not Amazon.


~Jonathan

2 comments:

Bruce Duty said...

Jonathan,

Actually Ebay purchased Skype, not Amazon.

JoArcand said...

Jonathan... trying to reach you. Please contact me at joarcand@yahoo.com - JoAnn Arcand