Tuesday, January 29, 2008

iphone facebook

The past few years I've noticed that more and more of Kerry and I's friends are being remotely located. Obviously we have lots of friends in Texas but also many of our friends in Michigan have moved elsewhere, which makes keeping in contact difficult. I've tried to jump on the social space train and get into Facebook. The problem is when I do find myself at a computer its usually for work, and I get very little social time (just look how sparse this and my tech blog is).

Recently I discovered that Facebook has an iPhone interface. Its basically a web interface optimized for use with the iPhone, and I love it. Now when I have a few seconds free I can bring up facebook on my iPhone and write on walls and update my status.

If you have an iPhone and want to give it a try just go to facebook.com in the browser, you will automatically be forwarded to the iPhone interface. If you want a neat icon on your iPhone desktop just press the "+" button and select "add to desktop. Now facebook is 1 click away.

Has anyone had any experience with it on other smart devices (blackberry, Palm)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Facebook works okay on the palm treo. Not as user friendly as the real thing, though. It's a "facebook mobile" version that pulls up a sort of "summarized" home page with snippets of your latest updates.
I WISH I could get an iphone but I'm waiting impatiently for apple to make them compatible with 3rd party software like Epocrates- the clinician's peripheral brain.