Monday, January 28, 2008

Real men cook


IMG_1657.JPG
Originally uploaded by jduty.
I make my own pizza, including my own dough. For those who don't know pizza dough is incredibly simple and the resulting pizzas are so much tastier and healthier than delivery (and I'm sure cleaner). On top of that Joshua loves them. His favorite seems to be cheese with hamburger and tomato slices (no sauce, just olive oil). We usually do this at least once a week.

So Sunday I decided to get Joshua involved. He started by watching me add the blossomed yeast to the dry ingredients and then helped me knead it into a dough. After resting he helped me roll out the dough and add the toppings. He seemed to love every second and It was a perfect example of getting your kids involved in the kitchen. Of course the only problem was keeping him from eating the cheese off the uncooked pizza while we were assembling it.

I'll have to think of other dishes he can help with, obviously pizza worked well because none of the ingredients were hot.

No comments: