Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend Fun

Kerry and I had a great weekend. Friday night we went to Kerry’s parents house and spent the night. Saturday we saw her sister off to college and went to Babies R Us to look around. My parents helped us pick out a crib when we were in Texas a few weeks ago but we just found out that the Simmons company has been bought by Delta Furniture and they will no longer be producing the crib we wanted. So it was back to the drawing board. I’m pretty happy with the one we found on Saturday, the important thing is that it has a drop down side rail so Kerry can get at the baby and its sturdy.



We also went to Kohls so I could get some new running shoes. Just like most sports, there are a bunch of jogging gadgets and accessories that you will never need but running shoes are not one of them. I really believe that running shoes is something you don’t want to skimp on and they can make our break your running experience. I’m not saying they will make you go faster, but they can help prevent injuries. I decided on the Asics GEL-1110. Kohls had a great deal on them and I love how light and breathable they are. I gave them a test run on Saturday and Sunday and they feel great.


Sunday Kerry played in the Church orchestra and did a great job. Especially since she had to sight read everything. Usually she has rehearsal on Thursday nights, but since we now have Lamaze that night she has to skip. Speaking of Lamaze, I’m realty enjoying it. I find it very informative and helpful, especially since I’m totally clueless as to what to expect when everything starts. If anyone is expecting their first I highly recommend it.


Monday morning rolled around and I awoke with Hershey on my chest due to a thunderstorm. When it is dark, rainy, and you have an 18 pound cat on your chest the last thing you want to do is get up and go to work. But I made it in. Hopefully the week will pass with no fires but who knows. However, cheer up! This Friday is St Patrick’s Day! I’m looking forward to enjoying my pint of Guinness (or two).


No comments: