Monday, February 05, 2007

Freakin Cold & thoughts of Fast Food

This morning when I left for work it was -9 degrees. Luckily Kerry had a delay so we didn't have to get Joshua out in that. It was around that cold all weekend and not knowing what that would do to Joshua we pretty much kept him inside all weekend.

While Joshua got his fill of chasing cats around the house and iChating with family I started reading "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser. This book seems to be taking a systematic look at the rise of fast food and how it has affected so many parts of our lives. Some of the numbers are amazing, including the fact that 1 out of every 8 working adults in America at one point in time was employed by McDonalds. That seems like a huge number to me but it shows how big these companies are. Anyways, I'll post more once I'm done.

No comments: