Friday, February 09, 2007

iChat rocks

There are some things you come across that are life-changing things. Things that you use on a day-to-day basis that really impact how you live your life. I think this is why blackberries are so popular. For me, its Apple's iChat. Me, my parents, and my brother all have macs and very rarely a day goes by that we don't iChat (well, usually Joshua iChats). If you have a family that is geographically separated its a great investment.

What I'm amazed with is how Apple got amazing quality and made the whole video conferencing idea completely push-button. And no, you don't get the same quality from other vendors, I've tried. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a PC that can do this.

Today I was eating lunch at Whole Foods in Ann Arbor, MI while playing on my MacBook. Luckily Whole Foods offers free WiFi (thank you). So right there in the middle of Whole Foods I startup an iChat session with my Dad in Santa Fe, NM and its crystal clear! Bravo to the Apple iChat team!

Of course what is even more amazing is that less than 10 years ago I would have been lucky to get a cell phone connection there, and if I did the device I would have been using would have been larger than my briefcase.

No comments: